We aim to provide you with the highest quality of health care services through the Primary Health Care Team at our health centre.
We Aim To:
- Treat your confidentially, with courtesy and respect.
- Have respect for your privacy, dignity and religious and cultural beliefs.
- Keep you informed of the services we offer and any appropriate information that effects your health and treatment.
- Run surgeries and clinics on time. Delays can happen, for example because of emergencies. We are sorry if you are kept waiting.
- Offer you an urgent/emergency appointment with a doctor on the day you request it if you feel your condition warrants it.
- Offer you a routine appointment with a doctor of your choice, normally within 3 working days, provided the doctor is not absent.
- Provide a home visit if your illness means that it will be impossible for you to attend the surgery.
- Have your repeat prescriptions ready for collection during the afternoon of the weekday after the request is handed in. There may be a delay if you have not attended for a review when requested by the doctor or nurse.
How You Can Help Us
- Keep the appointment you have made, or cancel it well in advance to allow other people to be seen sooner.
- Only ask for an urgent appointment for problems that cannot wait. This way doctors can deal with urgent problems as soon as possible.
- Think ahead if you are taking regular medication and remember to request a repeat prescription in good time. If you need to see the doctor - do book in advance and avoid taking up an urgent appointment.
- When the surgery is closed, only call the doctor in the case of a medical emergency.
- Note that individual appointments are for one patient and one medical problem only. If you feel you may need a longer appointment, please tell reception staff.
- Always listen to and follow the advice you are given by our doctors or nurses. If you are unsure about anything, please ask the doctor or nurse.
- Treat our staff with the same courtesy and respect you would expect for yourself.