When We Are Closed
In the event of a medical emergency call the NHS 111 between 18:30 pm and 08:00 am Weekdays, any time at the weekend and throughout Bank Holidays.
It's a free call even from a mobile.
At all other times please call us on 0116 215 1105.
The out-of-hours service in Leicester is provided by Central Notts Clinical Services Ltd on behalf of the practice. The deputising doctor may offer telephone advice, ask you to visit a local ‘out-of-hours’ centre or, if medically indicated, visit you at home.
If you are registered as a patient of this practice, you can also get an appointment with a GP or prescribing nurse at one of our healthcare hubs, including during evenings, weekends and bank holidays:
- Westcotes Health Centre (8am to 8pm, 7 days a week)
- Belgrave Health Centre (Mon – Fri 6:30pm to 10pm, weekends and bank holidays 12pm to 8pm)
- Saffron Health (Mon – Fri 6:30pm to 10pm, weekends and bank holidays 12pm to 8pm)
If we have been unable to offer you an appointment and you need to see someone quickly, ask our reception staff about an appointment at a healthcare hub instead.
You can also book the appointment yourself by calling 0116 366 0560 or NHS 111. Appointments can be booked for the same day or up to 48 hours in advance.
You can find more information on the following page:
In an emergency, advice can also be sought at a walk-in centre:
- Merlin Vaz Health Centre, 1 Spinney Hill Road, Leicester. LE5 3GH Tel: 0116 242 9450
- 18 The Parade, Oadby, Leicester. LE2 5BJ (near ‘The Old Library’ Pub) Tel: 0116 271 1360
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.